On April 7, 2018, the Ubuntu Studio Development Team met. Among the items discussed were the following:
- Looking into changing or adding wallpaper for 18.04
- Install-time package selection bug fixed, request for testers.
- ubuntustudio-controls to be updated for 18.10 to add the following features:
- set cpu governor, turn on/off Intel Boost
- choose audio device
- run jack from session start (or not)
- hotplugging USB mics selecting a non-standard set of outputs for pulse-jack bridging
- Using more than one audio device even if internal
- bridging ALSA midi to jack midi
- a “Safely remove USB Audio Device” button
- Future improvements to include tabs for video use or graphics setups.
- Change in default Desktop Environment, or adding a Desktop Environment selection at install time is being considered for 18.10. Those discussed included
- Gnome Shell
- KDE Plasma
- Adaptation of Ubuntu MATE welcome app for Ubuntu Studio is being considered for 18.10, would replace “ubuntustudio-installer”.
Anyone who can, please install the latest Daily ISO to test the install-time package selection. This is our final push to the RC on April 19th, so we need to find the bugs and get them gone.
A special thanks to all those who have tested and filed bug reports so far! We couldn’t do this without you!